Take advantage of tax holiday to purchase hurricane supplies
The 2014 Sales Tax Holiday for Hurricane Supplies will run from May 31 through June 8, 2014. During the holiday, qualifying items related to hurricane preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
The specific items included in the Sales Tax Holiday include:
- A portable self-powered light source selling for $20 or less
- A portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio selling for $50 or less
- A self-contained first-aid kit selling for $30 or less
A tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less
- A ground anchor system or tie-down kit selling for $50 or less
- A gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less
- A package of AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less
- A nonelectric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less
- A portable generator that is used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage selling for $750 or less
- Reusable ice selling for $10 or less
Governor Scott’s original release is available at, http://www.flgov.com/2014/01/27/gov-scott-announces-15-day-sales-tax-holiday-for-hurricane-preparedness-supplies/.