Herbicide application planned for selected Orange County lakes in August
The Orange County Environmental Protection Division plans on conducting a lake aquatic plant herbicide application on a number of area lakes during the month of August 2014:
- Little Sand Lake: Adjacent to The Esplanade Court, Orlando, Florida 32836.
- Lake Cypress Estes: Adjacent to Water Creek Drive & Kelso Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 34786.
- Lake Pickett: Adjacent to 18011 Lake Pickett Drive, Orlando, Florida 32820.
- Butler Chain of lakes: Adjacent to 232 West 7th Avenue, Windermere, Florida 34786.
- Little Lake Fairview: Adjacent to 871 Post Lane, Orlando, Florida 32804.
- Lake Jessamine: Adjacent to (Cypress Grove Park) 290 Holden Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32839
Select portions of the near shoreline areas of the aforementioned lakes will be treated with aquatic herbicide. As appropriate, any affected property owners will be provided individual notices and any water use restrictions on the day of treatment.
Please direct any questions to the Environmental Protection Division at 407-836-1400.
Additional Contact Information